CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Amelie Elizabeth






March 6, 2009 6 lbs 13 oz, 19 inches long

Well it was a LONG LONG day! We got to the hospital around 8 am, was put on monitors and got all ready for the baby! Made ourselves at home and just chilled out for a while waiting for the pitocin to kick in. Then all of a sudden GUSH!! My water broke! Can I just tell you that is the worst thing ever. Sitting in non stop leaking water for hours... yuck!
They checked my cervix again,and I was STILL at a 3-4 cm dilated, so it was still a waiting game. After a couple more hours of being the worst pain of my life I got an epidural, they checked me again, still at a 4..... a few more hours, still at a 4......finally after literally 10 hours being at 4 cm dilated, they told my I may have failure to progress and I needed to consider the idea of a C section. I knew I had 24 hours from the time my water broke before I HAD to get a c section. I told them to give it a little while longer,and then I would decide! So the nurse said that she had a patient go through the same thing, and they turned the pitocin off. And let my cervix and uterus "chill out for a while". Well that worked! They checked me at 12:30 am, and I was at a 6 .... then at 1 am I was at a 10!! I had to lay there and let her drop down a tad since she was so high. Then I really needed to push, so the nurse told me to give some little pushes to get her ready.... well I did, and she "prairie dogged it" as one of the medical students in the room said (prairie doggin it-popped her head out and then went back in to hide) They yelled "STOP PUSHING!!!" So I was cooperative and told them they were happy that my legs were paralyzed or I would have kicked them in the head.
My doctor came in about 10 mins later and got all set up... and I had to wait another 10-15 minutes to start PUSHING. I pushed and out popped her head, and then pushed again, and out popped her body! she was SOOOOO small! I looked at her and told Jake "yea, she is yours!" she looks just like jackson only 4 pounds smaller than Jackson was when he was born! But she has Jakes nose, mouth, ears... I was just a carrier.
The kids came and met her the next day and it was really cute. Lily adores and cant stop kissing her. Jackson was THRILLED and kept saying "oh Mey mey is so sweet, fresh from your tummy!!" Porter could have cared less. BUt wow.. it was amazing how BIG porter got over night! he looks like a giant now! Iam feeling great....... Amelie is doing great. She loves to be held, loves to eat and loves her binky. Life is good!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats and welcome to the family sweet little one!

mIcHeLLe said...

she is so cute! she weighs exactly what Chloe weighed...wish they stayed that little ;)

Jenn said...

Congrats! I am so glad everyone is doing well. She is ADORABLE!

jo said...

she's beautiful, congratulations!

Melissa said...

Awww! Congratulations! She is adorable! Makes me so excited for my little one to get here!

Lia said...

Congrats Jennie. She's beautiful!

Lindsey said...

did you have your baby in a hospital or a hotel.hahah looks nice!

Jennie Brown Stephens said...

Haha! I had her at the hospital. Its a new hospital out in Murray. It looks nicer in the pictures! I did have a HUGE window in both the labor room and the post partum room. Let in some good light. It is a very nice HUGE mini city hospital! Gotten lost in there many times!