CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 22, 2008

Ham glaze recipe

Well I made this yummy ham yesterday for the Ronald McDonal house and I had some requests for the recipe.
I just bought the hams at costco. But you can literally use any spiral cut ham. Get one that has a "glaze packet" included.

1 quart of Orange Juice
1 container REAL maple syrup
2 cloves garlic pressed
zest from 1 orange
couple dashes of ground ginger
2 TB mustard
Glaze packet from ham (it has all the spices you need)
3 TB honey
1 stick of butter
Mix well in a sauce pan. Add all ingredients and reduce liquid by 1/3. Once the ham is warmed, pour glaze all over the ham and make sure to get it in all the slices too! Bake for an additional 20 mins until the ham "candies" on top. your roasting pan will be full of juices and more glaze... keep basting the ham with the juices until ready to serve. I save the juices in the fridge so the next day if the ham dries out in the fridge, I can re-moisten it! YUMMY! Let me know if you try it and like it!

0 comments: