CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 7, 2008

I am alive!

Sorry I havent posted in a while. Its been a crazy couple of weeks! We went to California for Thanksgiving. Took the kids to Disneyland, beach did other cali only adventures. Made me miss my old "hood" but not enough to move back, thats for sure! The kids LOVED the beach. Lily said she wants to move to the beach and play in the water ALL day! Disneyland was fun. It was a gloomy day outside at first, but cleared up, gloomed up again, cleared up and then at the late wee hours of the night started to rain, so we left! Jackson wandered off while JAKE was watching him in Toon town while I was with Lily trying to meet the princesses. I get a phone call from jake, "uh jackson is missing" thinking he was just probably 10 feet away goofing off I didnt take much belief in that he was REALLY missing! I then called Jake back asking if jackson was OK, he said "no he is still missing". Then the panic arose! I grabbed Lily, even though we were about 5 people away from meeting Lily's idols..... and we booked it for Toon town! 20 mins pass and still no Jackson. As a mother, I panicked! I was freaking out YELLING for Jackson. Other parents were starting to panic asking if they could help....people all over toon town were searching for MY SON! I ran to a "body guard" Minnie's guard! And asked ever so calmly....."uhh my son is missing.... he was here, and now he is gone...what do I do!!?" He literally SKIPPED and pranced grabbed my hand and said "oh this happens everyday, not to worry, we will find your boy!" I wanted to smack him for being so happy so he could see how scared I was.... but I THEN realized...oh he does know how scared I am, and thats why he was trying to make the moment not so scary! Thank you body guard guy! After an additional 10 minutes of trying to find him.....we saw a heard of people surrounding a area....I raced for it, thinking "oh my goodness....we found him,but is he hurt!?" He was such a stinker, and he was SAFE! He had a few cops with him, a cop dog..... 2 moms who were amusing him. A vendor man who gave him tons of grub (mickey mouse pretzel, frozen lemonade, chips, cookies, and a sucker!) dude,the kids made out with like $40 free food! WAHOOOOO! He then saw me and goes "oh hi momma". I talked with the police officer, showed him my ID, signed a paper stating that we found him, and literally hugged the women who found him and stayed with him until I found him! They told me "oh we have kids,and we knew there was some mom out there hysterical! BINGO!! jackson wandered off a few more times after that, but we werent too far behind him! He is officially back on the leash!
We then headed home the saturday after thanksgiving...and stopped in Vegas to see our friends who just moved back there from Utah.We went to a fun 50's diner, chatted, walked around the packed chaotic strip met the pussy cat dolls, oh I mean the pirates from the treasure island street show! hahaha Oh rachel..... that was FUN! haha! walked and walked more walking....and finally made it back to the car and back to the hotel! I was so tired after that trip! I think my doctor was right when he told me not to go....and to take it easy. Well we all know I am stubborn and i do what I want, right. I am now STILL swollen, still have leg cramps, and pounding head aches. I see my doc in a few days, and I am scared hahaha! I will post some pictures tomorrow..I need to make dinner,and deliver it to my friend who just had a baby this weekend!

3 comments:

raffleckt said...

I'll try to post my pics for you soon! Glad to hear you're surviving!

kam said...

WOW!!! What an adventure!! Glad Jackson was safe and sound. There is nothing scarier than that- really!!!!! Glad you had a good time despite that. Did Lily ever get to see her princesses? You know when we went in November, we literally stood in line TWICE just so julia could see 3 different princesses- not to mention the insane line for Pixie Hollow. Where are the "Hopper passes" for THAT huh??? ;) ;)

Jennie Brown Stephens said...

Disneyland...WOW... the crowds werent THAT bad.... but it was thanskgiving week so it was a little congested! The Nemo ride took about 45 minutes, but matterhorn we walked right on. Lily did NOT get to go through the princess fantasy fair sadly. When Jackson wandered off, it was 5:15ish, and by the time we got back to fantasy land...it was 6:05 and they said she couldnt go in because they had to get ready for the parade! BAH! Even when Lily's eyes swelled in tears, they wouldnt let her go in. BUT they did tell us to stand over "there" and the princesses will be exiting in a few minutes! So she did get to meet Cinderella, snow white and Aurora! She was SOBBING.... it was so funny yet so heart warming. She truly believes in these princesses! Then when we were walking around she met Ariel and TINKERBELLE! We did not stand in line for the tinker bell thing,it was OVER A HOUR LONG LINE! she did get very happy when she saw tinkerbelle walking towards the employee room... she says "oooh I have your new movie....you are so cute!" Tink pranced over to Lily and gave her a HUGE hug. Again, the water works came, and not just from Lily! I love my little girl, and love that she believes in "magic"hehe