CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

After the weekend/week I have had.....

OK, well this weekend Porter got sick, REALLY sick, and my life has been flipped upside down. Is he already starting to be a man? Cause seriously, he is the biggest BABY when he is sick! reminds me alot like Jake when Jake is sick! haha! Well Porter is OK now... turns out he has a mild case of pneumonia. His chest Xray showed some "puss pockets" YUCK-O, and his cough was very "crupey" if thats a word, but that's what the M.D said, so I am going to use it too. He is on some pretty hefty antibiotics, got a nebulizer treatment, and we have to use albuteral puffer inhaler 3 times a day for a week. His little lips and mouth turned bright blue early this morning and he was struggling to breathe! Totally horrified me. All in all little Po Po will be fine.... he is FINALLY asleep, lets see for how long! I got this "quote" story thing-a-ma-boo from my friend Zoie's blog, and i love it! I had to change the wording a tad, since I have 3 kids... here is it! feel free to steal it from me as well!

"Being a mom isn't always the most rewarding job. I wipe runny noses with my own shirt. The words get off your sister, get off your brother, DON'T BITE, DON'T HIT, THAT IS ENOUGH" are part of my daily vocabulary. I live off half eaten yogurts, and cold chicken nuggets. I fold mounds of laundry, break up fights, change a dozen diapers a day and dress 3 little people before getting dressed myself. Its a full time job and then some. But there are times....."small moments"....when everything isn't perfect, but its alright! When being a mom isn't my job.... its my privilege. I love you Lily, Jackson and Porter!
Next time, save me a warm nugget OK!


Its the happy, fun days like this day that make it all worth it! I love my family!

8 comments:

ZB said...

so you live off of half eaten yoghart huh?...I should try that. Already slimy so you don't notice.

Love that picture of your family. So realistic and fun!

You guys are gorgeous.

ZB said...

Hope PO is feeling better.

mIcHeLLe said...

ugh! that is no fun, but I had a feeling....dang it...glad he's on abx. now though....and Crupey sounds like a word to me!

raffleckt said...

Things that I love: that picture, that quote, zoie's mad skillz! Sorry about your weekend, glad Po Po's feeling better!!

kam said...

sorry to hear about Porter- poor baby!! I hope things return to normal soon. Love Love Love the family photo...too sweet!

Jen said...

Jennie, thanks for your comment on my blog! And of course I remember you! Sorry to hear about Porter being sick. That is never any fun - and often times scary! I am glad to hear he is doing okay now. I hope he gets better quickly!

Heather said...

That is a beautiful pic of your family. I agree about motherhood, it should come with a warning label!

Lindsey said...

I love the color in this pic you all look so cute!