CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 24, 2009

All I can say is .... SERIOUSLY!~

Jake has pointed out that I say "seriously" alot. Well I will tell you WHY I say it ALL THE TIME. Their names are.... Lily, Jackson and Porter.
We have been painting the upstairs of the house for a while now. I SERIOUSLY dont know why it is taking so long, but its been a long process. Now its going to take a tad longer. Lily's room was almost done. Just needed to touch up some blue spots on the white base boar and a few spots on the ceiling and paint the clouds on the wall. Well then yesterday happend. I told Lily and Jackson to go play in her room after we got home from a play date...... thank HEAVENS Porter was with me and not with the demon children. Lily's room is right above the kitchen, where I was, and all I hear is a CRASH, and YELLS, and "HELLLLLP!". I knew exactly what had happend, and was HYSTERICALLY running with my very pregnant belly up the stairs to possibly find a dead child under Lily's armois thing. Instead... I cant open the dang door because the armois was in front of the door. I ask Lily "who is hurt?" This is her reply...."Um no one, YET, thats because you arent in here, but when you get in here,you are going to hurt someone!" I finally use my super mom stregnth to push the door open to find one of the biggest most upsetting messes I have seen as a mom. Lily's armois is now empty and there are doll parts and barbies, clothes dress up, dance outfits all over the floor. I think... "Ok this isnt THAT bad". Then I look to my right and I just about started to cry. I see BLUE PAINT all over the white closet doors we had taken off to prepare the room to paint. I see a PUDDLE of blue paint on the floor, and I see Jackson's feet covered in blue paint hiding under Lily's bed. Then I see Lily just chilling on her bed reading a book and all she can say is "I didnt do it!"
I put my head in my hands and literally screamed "SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY WHY WHY SERIOUSLY!!" Lily got under her covers and said "can I just go to bed now?" And Jackson ran off tracking blue paint all over the floor. Porter jumped on Lily's bed as I was TRYING to clean up what I could. I didnt know there was blue paint on her bed sheets as well.. and now it was all over Porter's head and hands. Then when I grabbed him.... I got paint all over my maternity jeans. This wouldnt have been a big deal to get paint on my clothes.. but my maternity clothes. DUDE... SERIOUSLY I do not want to go buy MORE maternity clothes when I only have 6 weeks left!!
Anyways... I call Jake and ask him "um... why was there a paint can in Lily's room?" I didnt get the response I wanted, but whatever!! Anyways, he spent a LONG time getting the paint out of the carpet. He will also spend more time painting the closet doors, and touching up the now blue baseboard under the window.
But SERIOUSLY..... this stuff always happens to me. Are the Gods trying to tell me something? What did I do wrong!! SERIOUSLY!!
I painted Jackson and Porter's room today, which is now called the "hulk/yoda" room. Jackson is obsessed with Hulk, and now Star wars. I prefer star wars over Hulk, but what do you do.. he is 3. The room also makes me crave a green apple jolly rancher. When the rooms are done, I will take pictures. I know my first instict should have been "ooh grab the camera and take pictures!".I was too freaking mad!! and sad, and hysterical and all I wanted was chocolate and all I had in the house was chocolate milk. So did NOT do the job.

6 comments:

Heather said...

Seriously...that story SUCKS! thanks you for reminding me once again why one child is plenty! Also, great job on trying to paint when your kids are in the house. You are one brave woman. Did you get the paint out of your paints? If not they have a chemical called Goof Off, you can buy it at walmart, it usually does the trick. Goodness knows, you gotta save the maternity jeans for the love!

Sarah Sharp said...

That's why I have a stash of Hershey bars in my sock drawer. You never know what disaster is going ot come up next that requires a good dose of chocolate. I am so sorry you had to deal with that! :(

Anonymous said...

I wish I had some chocolate for you! What a terrible thing, but I must admit, I laughed. Well, it is funny when it happens to someone else, right? If it makes you feel better, I just picked poo up off the dining room chair... How did it get there?

Jennie Brown Stephens said...

OH I laugh at it now... but yesteday I SERIOUSLY thought I was going to go into labor after all that chaos! haha I will be going to the store this week to re load my chocolate stash!You just never know whats going to happen! And Beebs..... poop on the chair.. HAHAHHAA YOu have 3 boys, need I say more!!

Kara said...

CRAP! Bad day!

kam said...

Jennie, I hate to say this to you, and you may strike me down the next time I see you ;), but "SERIOUSLY" that was THE funniest story I have read in a long time. The fact that Lily was so "chill" about it- cracks me up. I know it wasn't funny- but it SO was! I can say that...it's not my children and thankfully it's not my mess ;) ;).