CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Ok......SERIOUSLY, SERIOUSLY, SERIOUSLY!!

I am in Jackson's room doing some touch up painting, Jackson is in my bed watching a movie, Porter is asleep, and Lily is in the bonus room/play room watching a show. Then I hear Jake yell "whoah whoah whoah whoah holy &%$%!!!" So I open the door thinking.... ok the kids probably spilled something, whats new! Uh... then I see smoke.... Not just simple smoke, but smoke from burning rubber and electronics. The little plug thing that is supposed to be a surge protector caught on fire... SERIOUSLY!
Lets go back about 5 minutes before the fire incident. I was down stairs getting a drink and finishing up the 10th sweep job of the day in the kitchen and living room.... I think..."maybe I will go upstairs and see if there is anything juicy being said on Facebook and check my email". Then I had the "feeling" oh just go finish painting, the computer will be there when you are done. SO Ok.. I listen to my gut and go into the boys room.
Literally 5 minutes later is when I heard the ruckuss and saw the fire UNDER the computer desk where I would have been. Uh... I would have had some pretty nasty burns, probably would have ended up in the hospital. So with that said... follow your instincts... listen to your gut and you wont get "burned"!!!

1 comments:

Melissae said...

Oh my gosh!! I'm glad you're okay. How bad was the damage to the house?