CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

My week, at a glance...

Well the week is only half way done, but I am so DONE with this week! To start it off, Lily lost her first tooth! Well it was TAKEN from her by Jake. No he didnt punch her! She had a blanket in her mouth and he pulled it and it knocked her two bottom teeth pretty loose! I had to sit down to breathe slowly when I saw all the blood, but once I told her "you are going to lose your first tooth... THE TOOTH FAIRY WILL COME!!" She spent the next 2 hours trying to get her tooth OUT! Well finally it came out! So I had to run to Target and get her a "gift". Of course she got her $1, but this is her first tooth... it deserved something special! So she got a cute little necklace and bracelet. And the tooth fairy HERSELF wrote her a little note. Lily was VERY excited about this. Now Jackson wants his teeth to fall out.
So that was the start of the week.
I am sick with a cold, and being pregnant with a cold, oh there are some bad words I would like to say, but I will keep them to myself! I went in for my 30 week doctors appt yesterday and had to do the glucose tolerance screening. Can I just tell you... GROSS. Why do they make that drink taste so nasty. And why is it carbonated. It makes no sense to me. I was also told by my doctor that my platelet count is rather low, and this causes a HUGE concern. The baby is totally fine.... I on the other hand am not. They will continue to check my platelet counts, if they continue to drop then I will be given some medicine to help produce MORE, and if that doesnt work, they will induce me SOON. the reason is... if my platelets get too low, I cant have anestesia during delivery.....and well..... for anyone who has ever been on pitocin... You really look forward to your epidural! There are other risk factors like bleeding out and needing a transfusion....and thats no fun either! So Baby Amelie will for sure be here with in the next 8 weeks. NO later than 8 weeks... but as early as the next 5 weeks if my platelets keep dropping. So when I know whats going on, I will let everyone know whats going on! Jackson was my little companion yesterday at my doctor appt. He is such a sweet little guy and loves to hold my hand and gets really concerned when the doctor or nurse examine me "My baby girl all right momma....." as he pats my stomach. My doctor sat there and wanted to hug Jackson.. he said "ok for a 3 year old, he is a sweet heart!".
We made the mistake of telling Jackson that the baby isnt done "cooking" and his eyes shot out of his head as he said "NOOOOOO tooo hot in VOVEN (oven)!! Baby girl needs to be cool!" So when we got home, he immediatly ran to the oven to make sure she wasnt in the oven! CUTE BOY! Then we spent the rest of the afternoon at the tire shop getting new front tires for the Mini van. Seriously our next car will have 4 wheel drive and be a Mormon mama mobile. No more mini vans. They are TERRIBLE in the snow and ice! TERRIBLE! Anyways, so thats my week at a glance.. I will post pictures later today.. but I need to take advantage of my 90 minutes of quite while Lily is at school, jackson is at school until 2, and Porter is sleeping.....

3 comments:

Jill, Wes, and Andy said...

Isn't it just cruel that you have to get a cold on top of being pregnant? I hope the rest of your week improved. Take care!

Breezy said...

Jennie, I can soo sympathize with you on getting a yucky cold being pregnant. I got one when I was pregnant with Alyssa and ended up going to the hospital for a cracked rib due to coughing. I hope it goes away soon for you!!!

Melissae said...

Hang in there Jennie!