CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 20, 2008

My sweet Aunt Janet







Lilyand Aunt Janet the day after she was born. Jake, Aunt Janet and Lily and I just a week before she passed away. And her beautiful head stone up at the Salt Lake cemetary just a few blocks away from her home in Federal Heights.



I was going through some pictures on the computer trying to find ones I want printed, and I came across these. My Aunt Janet was a HUGE person in my life. She was a role model, and a hero. I look up to her, and love her so much. In November of 2002, she was diagnosed with colon cancer. Her tumor was 5 pounds, and as big as a large grapefruit. My aunt was a hair over 5 feet tall, and about 100 pounds. this tumor was HUGE. Once they did surgery, they found that it had invaded many many lymphnodes and she should try as hard as her body would let her to fight. Her little fragile body gave out 11 months later. She was my only blood related aunt, and my dad's only sister. This women is and will always be amazing to me, and to everyone who knew her. I love you Aunt Janet.

6 comments:

ZB said...

Wow, I haven't been on in a while and it looks like I need to catch up. Hope that thumb is feeling better. I had no idea you were that queezy.

Anonymous said...

I love Aunt Janet soooo much too. Wasn't she the GREATEST???? I miss her sticky notes, her rye sandwiches, and her love. Good post. Nice to go down memory lane. Love you Janet!!

Jennie Brown Stephens said...

oh the sticky notes. I need to scan the ones I STILL have in my box. She put those things on EVERYTHING! ha ha! "this is pot roast, and it was made on sunday, discard on wednesday" And I miss going to her house and seeing a black trashbag on the counter, so the newspaper ink wouldnt stain her brand new granite! there are so many fun memories I have of this lady, wow. I cant believe she has been watching over us for 4 years. Britt, did you ever just call her Janet, or was she always "aunt Janet"? I think ONCE I called her Janet, and she looked at me and said ..."am I not your aunt anymore?" Oh sweet aunt janet.... watches over us, and touches our lives daily. The smallest things remind me of her. Oh one more memory......well maybe 2... lunch down town at the Lion house, going on tours with her to all the church sites, especially the daughters of pioneers museum. And I will always laugh when I think of the sandwich baggy over the "water" caraf. Oh Aunt janet, so cute. I am so blessed to have so many unlces who married such awesome ladies and gave me awesome aunts. Family is everything!

Jennie Brown Stephens said...

one more thing, I miss her hugs! she was so tiny, but had such strong hugs. And her hugs ALWAYS made you feel better. My dad has some funny memories of her, he should share them, hint!

Tasharoo said...

So are you related to a Preston Lear??? Probably 37-38 years old now?

mIcHeLLe said...

hey...thanks for the cereal boxes....my poor son came running up the stairs so excited because he thought I had just bought alll of these cool cereals...only to find out they were all empty! heehee...thanks again! And thanks for only dropping off boxes, and not pets and kids and husbands etc...