CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Stitches.....

Well I am officially a space cadet. Today I was cutting some yummy Rosemary and olive oil bread from Costco this afternoon, and well..... SLICE. I nearly cut the side and tip off my thumb. Me, getting my queasiness from my dad (thanks dad, sarcasm entered HERE) I tried to stay as calm as I could, but my main forcus was to not pass out....well I TRIED not to, but nodded off for a second! I went to the instacare and got some stitchess, and now I dont have a left thumb to use, YAY! 7 days of stitchess, 2 days of no shower... (well that wont happen, I will wrap my hand up good! Lost the color in my face yet again at the instacare while the nurse was SCRUBBING the wound...... there were so many naughty words I wanted to use. I asked the doc and the nurse if they had an adult papoose board they could strap me too! All is well........very happy it was a very sharp new knife so it didnt tear my thumb apart, pretty clean cut, still HURT LOTS, and bled TONS! EW EW EW... getting queasy just thinking about it!

3 comments:

mIcHeLLe said...

ouch! total bummer....did you just want to be like our friend Alex? You should have called me to come get your kids! heehee...

Jennie Brown Stephens said...

You crack me up Michelle..... I did almost call you to come look at it so make sure I needed stitches... but I figured I did need them when the side of my thumb was barely hanging on, EWWWWWWWW. Alex is cooler, she got more stitches than me, AND they were on her face... she wins HANDS DOWN, and she is way cuter than I am!

Tasharoo said...

Pictures! I want to see the stitches! I love that stuff! Too funny, because I cut the tip of my thumb Monday night! UGH! Cutting veges for dinner and sliceroo. That's what we get for trying to quickly feed a family!