CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 7, 2008

Lily does it again......


Well Lily once again made me nearly pee my pants tonight. I am a part of a dinner exchange with a couple of frirnds. Well tonight Brooke brought us a AWESOME dinner with my favorite veggie of all time... artichokes! Well I was making some garlic butter to dip it in, and Lily seemed very intruigued. If it comes with butter, it must be good! So I make her a plate and ask her to try a artichoke. My daughter LOVES green veggies, even CREAMED SPINACH! She tries it, and likes it... "tastes like a green bean mommy!" So I explain to her the meat part of the artichoke is called the HEART. Well thats when she lost interest in the artichoke. She looks at me like I just gave her puppy away, oh yea I did just do that (Roxy is in a great home now!) She then says "You fed me heart? I ate a heart? Veggies have hearts?" Then she thinks for a second and says "veggies dont have hearts, people have hearts. WAIT, veggie tales talk, do they have hearts? Oh mommy I cant eat them if they have hearts". I was sitting there shocked that my daughter said that. But then I laughed, and tried to explain to her..... well you know. I think she is OK, she might become a total carnivore and never eat a veggie again.....should I tell her that cows and chickens DO have hearts? I dont think so.

2 comments:

Scrap Happy Mommy of 2 said...

Too cute! That's 1 smart cookie you've got there!

kam said...

ok first off, IMPRESSIVE parenting to get your child to not only eat VEGGIES, but to LIKE them! Kudos!! Second of all...that is HILARIOUS! I feel terrible sometimes when it dawns on me just how literally children see the world and how confusing that must be. Eating vegetables with HEARTS?!? The inhumanity! ;) ;)