CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Quotes about motherhood......

Well being a mom has been amazing, so far! I know it will just get better. I always wanted to be a mommy. Whenever someone asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up, I said "I want to be a Veterinarian who doesnt put animals to sleep, and I want to be a Mommy." Well once I found out that Vets HAVE to put animals to sleep, I dropped that off my career list pretty fast. Anyways, here are some quotes for all the Mommy's out there.
We seriously have the best job ever!
These quotes are from amazing men, I love hearing men talk about women...
they get all sensitive and soft!
"All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel Mother."-- Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865)
"I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life." -- Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865)
"My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute all my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her." -- George Washington (1732-1799)
"Making the decision to have a child-it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." --Elizabeth Stone
"Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother." -- Lin Yutang
And my favorite of them all....
Small Blessings
Dear Lord, it's such a hectic dayWith little time to stop and pray
For life's been anything but calmSince
You called on me to be a momRunning errands, matching socks
Building dreams with building blocks
Cooking, cleaning, and finding shoes
And other stuff that children lose
Getting lids on bottled bugs
Wiping tears and giving hugs
A stack of last week's mail to read
So where's the quiet time I need?
Yet when I steal a minute, Lord
Just at the sink or ironing board
To ask the blessings of Your grace
I seen then, in my small one's face
That you have blessed me
All the while And I stop to kiss
That precious smile

0 comments: