CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 20, 2009

These next 3 weeks will be a doozy

Ok..... this week I was all excited.... 3 weeks until I have the baby HOORAY!! I thought, ok I have 3 weeks to finish getting things done, like cleaning, organizing cooking meals for my fam to eat while I am down in bed resting...... Well its all going to be put on hold for at least a week. Again... here is goes.. SERIOUSLY!
I have been really itchy for about a month now, just thought ok my belly is growing, so I will itch, right? Well it would come and go and I was really starting to irritate Jake by begging him to scratch my back. I should be angry with him for not OFFERING to scratch!! I will be the first to admit, I have been annoying with the BEGGING! Well yesterday I was doing some intense cleaning with 409, bleach and some cleaning wipes.... trying to get ready for the carpet shampoo guy to come tomorrow. I noticed last night my hands were bright red, as were my feet and belly. And it literally felt like they were on FIRE. I felt like rolling all over the carpet like a dog to ease the itch! Well I found out today I have a rash called PUPPPs. IT SUCKS! Its a hormonal rash that happens during pregnancy. Seriously this is worse than labor. IT NEVER GOES AWAY! I am so freaking miserable I cant even find the words to describe this discomfort! It makes me want to cry at the same time... now I know how miserable my little man Jackson was/is when he gets his eczema break outs. I was told by the doc and nurses no hot showers... warm baths are fine, but heat can make the itch seep out stronger..... oh jeeze..... I think I will sit in a ice bath! Good news is, the rash should go away once the baby is born, bad news is... I still have 3 weeks =(
I was all trying to be good and healthy and went to the dentist.... well I have a cavity, not just a little one.... one that needs a root canal. Seriously..... someone is out to get me. So next tuesday I get to go to a "lap band " appt to have my lap band emptied to prep for delivery, and so I can get breast milk (www.lap-band.com) Then I have to go to a OB appt, then off to a Non stress test for the baby, then off to a root canal. Seriously..... Then Lily is off track from school.... so I will have to entertain her ALL day every day. I am hoping that makes the weeks go by faster!
Again, bright side.... 3 weeks left

5 comments:

Lia said...

So sorry to hear about the rash. I think I told you before, I get really bad eczema and hormonal rashes. So I feel your pain. The upside for me? I don't do dishes. It's too hard on my hands!! Don't scratch it will help and ya, leave the chemical warfare to someone else!! One last word. Okay 3 or more. I hate going to the dentist. (6)

Jill, Wes, and Andy said...

Oh I am so sorry. I had it with Andy except I developed it at 24 weeks. It was from my neck to my feet. One thing that worked was washcloths soaked in witch hazel. It made the itching a little less. Also, stay as cool as you can. Anytime that I got hot, it got worse. I am so sorry, hang in there!

Anonymous said...

I thought you weren't suppose to go to the dentist when you are pregnant. No xrays, right? How did you do that?

Jennie Brown Stephens said...

YOu arent supposed to go to the dentist in your first trimester. You can go and get x rays later in the pregnancy. They double covered me with lead, I was safe =)

Annelise said...

Oh how miserable! I am so sorry. I can't believe you only have 3 weeks left. I thought you had like 2 months!