CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 23, 2009

Update on pregnancy

Well I do not have PUPPP's. I have Cholestasis. I had some blood drawn and it was diagnosed. Basically my skin will itch and itch, but no rash. Feels like my skin is crawling, and on fire at the same time... sounds fun huh! I opted to NOT get a Amnio test done today, since on the ultra sound the baby looked fine, and the Doctor game me some good drugs that will help the itch. I go in 2 times a week now, and they will test my blood again and if it shows the liver is getting worse, and I am itching even more, they will induce me next week. If Amelie continues to grow at a normal pace, and my itchiness slows down, we will stick to the original date of March 12. So either way, she is coming.... either next week or in 2 weeks! The medicine they gave me is oh so nice. Already working. Also helped that I had ice packs covering the "hot spots" during my exam. Makes me wish I had a hospital ice machine hahaha I love that pellet ice! So I am glad I do not have PUPPPs but I am also mad that of course if its not one thing, its another! All I care about is that the baby is growing and is healthy. As much misery the itchy skin is, keeping the baby IN me is the best thing for her. She needs to chubber up and make sure her lungs finish cookin! And I really hate Amnio's..... so I guess I am a little selfish..... and I am really not mentally READY for this baby!
As I type this 2 out of 3 kids are freaking out because they want the kiddie pool set up in the living room. I guess they really want summer time to come! ARGH KIDS HUSH!!

1 comments:

Jill, Wes, and Andy said...

I am so glad that the itching is at least a little bit better! Hang in there, you are almost there!