CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 22, 2010

A day late, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!




My first son Jackson turned 5 years old yesterday. Oh how I love this kid. He has had such a interesting and challenging 5 years, but I would not trade any of those days in. Jackson is the light of my life and makes me smile everyday. I love his crazy double cow lick that makes his hair look like he has devils horns when it grows too long. I love his raspy voice when he talks, I love how he willingly will hold my hand when we are in public, and has no problem giving me hugs and kisses, even in front of his friends!! Jackson is the sweetest boy I know, and I am truly blessed to be his mama. Ever since he was born we have had a close relationship. There is just something about a mom and her son. I cherish everyday I have had with him, and look forward to the many more I have with him. The day he was born was interesting. I was induced because the ultra sound showed that he weighed 10 pounds. And since my doctor LIKES me... he said "um, you want to have this baby tomorrow?" YES!!
I checked into the hospital, got all ready, watched some movies, got my epidural (um hello, I was not about to give birth to a 10 pound baby with out drugs!) And Jackson was born 5 hours later at 5:30 pm. From the moment he was born he had me wrapped around his finger. He came out, got placed on me, and grabbed my hand. Then he peed and pooped on me (thanks buddy) I was in shock looking at him, he was HUGE. 10 lbs, and 23 inches long. And he had TONS OF RED CURLY HAIR! He was the cutest baby boy I have ever seen. He had cheeks that just needed to be kissed, and fat dimply fingers that needed to be held. I love that kid, more than anything. And I thank heavenly father everyday for blessing me with such a loving son.
Jackson goes to a special pre school that helps with speech therapy. There are some kids who have other delays, and some who are physically challenged. Jackson is always the first to volunteer to help push a wheel chair, help a friend by getting his walker, or be a peer mentor during physical therapy. He is so sweet, and his teachers say the same thing. They have never had such a sweet and loving student who is accepting to EVERYONE. Instead of pointing out "that boy is in a wheel chair". he will say "how cool, he gets to drive everywhere!!" Or "wow, my friend at school has the coolest kicks (shoes) they help her stand up straight, and help her walk!! and she gets to use sticks (crutches) to help her walk, Im jealous!!" Most kids would ask "whats wrong with that kid". Not Jackson, he finds the good in everyone and in everything. I love him.
Happy birthday sweet Jackson, I truly adore you and I know life would not be the same with out your sweet spirit, adorable smile, and tender heart.

0 comments: