CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 13, 2008

Well now I know....

Ok, well I was really dwelling on the meanings of names lately, as you all know. I was trying to think of whats more important.. how it sounds, or what it means. When we found out we were having a girl last week... the name Amelie really stuck out to me. And when Jake said he liked it, something warm came over me and felt finally at peace with everything. Well then the middle name drama was going on. Should it flow, or should it having meaning. Since all my kids are named after a grandparent, either middle name or first name. I wanted to keep with the tradition. We debated between some names.... really thought of using my Aunt Janet's name as a middle name. Then while I was talking to Jake's mom about it, I mentioned her mom's name.. Beth. For some reason Jake doesnt like the name Beth for his daughter even for a middle name. So I thought... well how about Elizabeth. Amelie Elizabeth. So then I went back to me "what does the name mean" thought. Well it brought me to tears when I found out what Amelie and Elizabeth mean. After the week I had last week with flying emotions and friends going through hard times with devistating losses.... The name means Beloved Gift from God. It really made me think... truly, that is what a child is.
I am so blessed to have such amazing, beautiful, sweet children. I look forward to every morning when I wake up to Lily hugging and kissing me. I love tickling jackson until he wakes up smiling, and I love when I go to get Porter, he runs all over the crib, back and forth saying "no.... DA DA!!" My kids love their da da!
SO really, what is a name? Lily's means just that, Lily, the flower. And that truly is what she is to me. She is gorgeous, delicate, soft, smells good most of the time, and she is blossoming everyday into the daughter of my dreams. Jackson... well not much meaning there.... other than "son of Jack" we changed the meaning to "son of Jake". And he is just that! he reminds me of Jake whenever I look at him. His quirky little expressions, his sneaky eye, TEMPER TANTRUMS! and most of all, his sensitivity. Porter.... The gate keeper (which is also the same meaning for his grandpa Ted's name, weird huh). Wow... this makes me laugh..... because seriously he is the toughest kid I know. Solid as a rock, very strong, and I can see him becoming very protective over his siblings, especially little Amelie.
What does your name mean to you? The meaning of my name is well.. pretty lame.. White wave, or fair one. Thanks, lets just remind me how pale I am! haha!

3 comments:

mIcHeLLe said...

that's so nice! I love the name...oh, and remind me to not name my next child Jennie...because she will not be a "white wave, or fair one" and if she is..i'm in trouble :) ha!

Scrap Happy Mommy of 2 said...

I love it! It work perfectly! What an elegant name!

Amy Jaten said...

Love the name you chose Jennie! Very Pretty. Ps- Michelle's comment is FUNNY. Silly girl.