CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Amelie....






Well yesterday I took Amelie in for her 4 month check up. I was so excited that I just had her, the kids were with a friend and I was looking forward to a QUICK appointment, weigh in, measurements, "how is she doing", poke her leg a few times.... Well thats not what happened. I am not blind, I know my daughter has had a big tongue since birth...... its sort of cute! Well during the appointment the doctor said "hmm, your daughter looks like she has Beckwith-Wiedemann syndrome. BUT..... she doesnt have all or most of the signs of the syndrome. The major signs are large birth weight. She was only 6 lbs and 19 inches long. Her head was normal to small. Her blood sugars were normal, she doesnt have the crease/flattening on the top of her ear, and her body is proportioned. Anyways, friday she has a ultra sound appointment to see if she has any tumors in her abdomen, and to get some blood work. If the tests show any abnormalities then she will be sent to a Geneticist to see if she does in fact have Beckwith-Wiedemann syndrome. Amelie is a little angel and regardless if she does have this syndrome, she will be fine. We all have faith that she will be OK.

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Good luck Jennie! My favorite picture of her is the second to the last one. She's all pink and cute. She really does look like an angel...and like Jackson!

Lia said...

Hope all went well with the tests. She's beautiful.

Melissae said...

I hope she'll be fine she is too precious! We'll be praying for you all.

Melissae