CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 25, 2009

A happy 24th of July........

Well it would have been a great holiday weekend if This didnt happen......








We went to Liberty Park in Salt Lake city to let the kids play, eat some yummy food, go on some RIDES.... let me stop there....




We have been to the park a dozen times with the kids over the past couple years, and when we lived across the street when Lily was a baby we were there daily!! We love that park!! Well, that love quickly grew to dislike when Lily was hurt. She was riding a car, and the car tipped over as it turned and she was dragged over 10 feet on rocky asphalt and got a narly case of road rash on her knee, thigh, side, hip,and shoulder. HEr dress was always murdered in the event as were her panties!! ERGH!!! HEr nose was gushing out blood, and she was HYSTERICAL!! Lets back up..... when the car tipped over, she was dragged......she was belted in so she was STUCK in the car, with it on top of her. I screamed bloody murder as my daughter was dragged past me on the inside of the 4-5 foot fence. I yell for Jake, he jumps over the fence I run around to the gate and Jake sends me to Lily as he gets our boys away from the "crime scene". We were whisked away to the cafe kitchen to get her cleaned up. The manager was FREAKING out all scared that I was going to sue her (still crossing my mind about that one). She seriously gave me $65 and 10 free ride tickets..... yea thanks.
All in all, Lily is ok.... she is more upset about her cute blue sun dress that is not wearable any longer and her favorite pair of panties =(
One of the ride workers pulled Jake aside and told him that this has happened before and a young boy had broken ribs and terrible road rash. SERIOUSLY!! AND THE RIDE IS STILL AROUND!! WHAT!!! And the mechanic who works for the park, isnt a licensed mechanic. Uh... yay for that one!! Everyone has to me to "get Gephardt" I guess you only understand what that means if you are from Utah. He is a go to guy to get things taken care of when you get scammed,mis led, injured etc etc. he works for a local TVstation. Some people have told me to SUE SUE SUE. I just want the ride to either be fixed and renovated or just removed! No other child and parent should ever go through what we went through yesterday..... I have honestly never in my life been so scared... watching Lily's body get dragged like that and hearing the pure fear and horror in her voice as she yelled for me... wow... brings tears to my eyes!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes, get Gephardt! scary!

Sarah Sharp said...

I'm so sorry you had to deal with that. Something definitely needs to happen, especially if this isn't the first time!
Hope Lily is feeling better!