CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Mason Hibbert


This blog posting is really hard for me to do. Life is so gentle and fragile. We seriously do not know what tomorrow has in store for us. No one hops in the car and says "oh I think my child will die today. Some friends of ours from our old neighborhood just lost their 18 month old to a tragic accident. He choked in the car while eating a snack. His parents did everything they could do. Mason was a beautiful little baby, and this family had been through so much just to have him and his twin brother Lincoln come into the world. The family has set up a trust to help with the emmense amount of medical and funeral bills they will have due to this tragic heart wrenching day. In lieu of flowers or gifts for the Hibbert Family, some friends have opened a trust for Lincoln, Dave, and Char to help them with the unexpected expenses that they will have. Anyone can do this by going to any Washington Mutual Branch by making a donation to the “Mason Curtis Hibbert Trust” or give them account # 3172147510. I know that Dave and Char will appreciate this immensely and are so grateful of the continued support and love that friends and family members have shown and continue to show. The obituary is below, take a look and give what you can.





Mason Curtis Hibbert 2006 ~ 2008 Mason Curtis Hibbert, 18 months, passed away
July 10, 2008 at Primary Children's Medical Center in Salt Lake City, Utah. He was born December 16, 2006 in Salt Lake City to David Eugene and Charlotte Flandro Hibbert. Mason was a strong and happy boy who loved to climb, dance, share, read books, and play with his twin brother, Lincoln. He loved dogs, baths, music, and his blanket. He was curious and adventurous and had an infections smile that he shared with everyone. He was a sweet boy and a true joy to his parents and those who knew him. He will be greatly missed. Mason is survived by his parents; his best friend and twin brother, Lincoln Daniel Hibbert; grandparents, Fred and JoAnn Hibbert Hamilton and Mark Vincent and Donette Dansie Flandro. He was preceded in death by his grandfather, Sherman Holden Hibbert. Funeral services will be held Tuesday, July 15, 2008 11 a.m. at Lindquist's Bountiful Mortuary, 727 N. 400 E. where friends and family may call Monday, July 14 from 6-8 p.m. and 9:45-10:45 a.m. prior to the funeral. Interment Bountiful Memorial Park. Condolences may be shared at www.lindquistmortuary.com

6 comments:

raffleckt said...

Oh my gosh. My heart aches for them. I can't believe a snack?! No words...

Kim said...

Oh, Jennie, this is too sad! It's true, though, in a matter of seconds your child can be taken away from you. You just never know when it's going to happen. I think of how devastated I would be if that had happened to Cooper. I feel for them. My prayers are with them.

mIcHeLLe said...

omg..that is so sad, and such a reminder of how precious life is...every second matters...accidents freak me out...because i have seen families lives changed in a matter of seconds because of them...how sad.

kam said...

What a sweet boy! I just can't imagine what Charlotte and Dave are going through. I wish sometimes that life didn't have such painful trials. My heart is aching for them.

ZB said...

thanks for saving us a seat at the funeral. That was the hardest funeral I've ever been to.

Ginny said...

K, so you don't know me, but I saw Mason's obit in the Clipper and noticed he was a twin which caused me to ache even more since I have 21-month-old twin boys. So I googled his name and this is where I ended up. When I found out the circumstances of his death, I felt I needed to comment to someone who knows the Hibberts (my husband and I went to school with them, but that was a while ago) that there is another family who just lost their 2-year-old girl in an eerily similar accident (apple in the car after church). I just thought maybe they could find some solice in knowing they are not alone. They have a blog at http://jacksonparkcity.blogspot.com
Share it with Dave and Charlotte if you feel so inclined. And thanks for the info on the fund. My prayers and tears are with them.